Environment Week has 3 Kinds of Green to choose from- June 6,7,8 from 3 to 5 p.m. each day. Monday- Meet at Bower Ponds for fun with water! Tuesday- Go to Waskasoo Crescent (off 45 Ave) for tree planting! Wednesday- It's Clean Air Day at Heritage Ranch!
Family Planetarium is Sunday, June 12 at 1:00 p.m. $3/person or $10/family. Drop-in.
Penny Stove Workshop- Tuesday, June 14 from 6 to 8 p.m. Learn how to make a super-efficient camp stove from pop cans! Pre-registration required.
Nature Play Day is Wednesday, June 15. Drop in for hands-on nature play all day!
Backcountry Essential Gear Workshop- Thursday, June 16 from 6 to 8 p.m. Bring your gear for show and tell and learn about some new gear and techniques. Free drop-in program.
And remember: the 25th Anniversary of Fort Normandeau Days is coming soon; Saturday and Sunday, June 18 and 19 from noon to 5 p.m. each day at Historic Fort Normandeau! It's a day full of food, music, dancing, black powder demos, archery and more, all for only $3/person or $10/family.
If you would like more information about any of these programs, or to register, please call the Kerry Wood Nature Centre at 403-346-2010. The fun doesn't stop there: this summer, look for:
- First Fridays in the Marjorie Wood Gallery
- Day Camps in English and French
- Raft Tours on the Red Deer River, including 2 Full Moon Floats!
- Family Sleepover at the Fort- July 2/3
- ART&facts walking and biking tours exploring Red Deer's public art installations
- Edible Plant Walks
- The Roving Interpreter, bringing games and activities to stops around Waskasoo Park all summer long! Watch this blog, our Facebook page, and Twitter for upcoming stops and themes.
- Perseid Meteor Shower Star Party
- And last, but not least, the Kickoff Weekend for the Kerry Wood Nature Centre's 25th Anniversary year of celebrations, July 29 through August 1!
Registration is already open for many of these great programs. Call to reserve your spot today!
Until next time...